How to apply for immigration recruitment 2023 will be discussed in this article after the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) announced the opening of their online portal for the 2023/2024 recruitment.
We at Inform Nigeria are here to guide you on how to apply for NIS recruitment 2023 and hopefully get the job and have a good career through the successful registration at the Nigeria immigration recruitment portal.
According to the Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board (CDCFIB), qualified candidates interested in the NIS recruitment 2023 are by the application invited to fill existing vacancies in the NIS on a full-time appointment basis.
The vacancies to apply for in the 2023 immigration recruitment in Nigeria are grouped into categories a, b and c.
The CDCFIB said that candidates with multiple applications will be automatically disqualified from the process.
The agency further stated that shortlisted candidates for the immigration job in Nigeria would take a computer-based test (CBT), with the proper time and date of the commencement being revealed later to the selected individuals.
The NIS said that applicants should print out the Referee Forms during the registration, which must be completed and submitted during the screening exercise for the job.
They added that the application for the 2023 NIS job in Nigeria is absolutely free.
Keep on reading to know how to apply for immigration recruitment 2023 and have a successful career with the Nigeria Immigration Service.
Who are the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS)?
The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) is an agency owned by the federal government of Nigeria, responsible for migration management and border security in the country.
The NIS is responsible for the issuance of all Nigerian travel documents, including Nigerian passports.
The current comptroller general of the commission is Mohammed Babandede, with their headquarters at Umar Musa Yar Adu’a Express Way, Airport Road, Sauka, Abuja.
What are the positions available for the Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2023?
CATEGORY A: SUPERINTENDENT CADRE
- Superintendent of Immigration (SI) CONPASS II Professional (Doctors): Applicants must possess minimum of first Degree (MBBS) from a recognized Institution of higher learning and NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Deputy Superintendent of Immigration (DSI) CONPASS 10 Professional (Pharmacists): Applicants must possess minimum of first Degree in Pharmacy from a recognized Institution of higher learning and NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Assistant Superintendent of Immigration II (ASI II) CONPASS 08: Applicants must be holders of a Bachelor’s Degree, Higher National Diploma or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
CATEGORY B: INSPECTORATE CADRE
- Assistant Inspector of Immigration (All), General Duty, CONPASS 06: Applicants must be holders of National Diploma (ND), NCE or Advanced NABTEB obtained from recognized Institutions.
CATEGORY C: ASSISTANT CADRE
- Immigration Assistant III (IA III) CONPASS 03, General Duty: Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO, GCE or Its equivalent with a minimum of Four (4) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which must include English and Mathematics.
- Immigration Assistant III (IA III) CONPASS 03 Artisans
a) Motor drivers
Applicants must be holders of Ordinary Level SSCE, or its equivalents and appropriate Trade Test Certificate.
What are the requirements for applying for NIS recruitment 2023?
- Applicants must be Nigerians by birth.
- Applicants must have National Identity Number (NIN).
- Applicants must be holders of the requisite qualifications and certificates.
- Applicants must be fit and present certificates of medical fitness from Government recognized hospitals.
- Applicants must be of good character and must not have been convicted of any criminal offences.
- Applicants must be required to pass drug test.
- Applicants must not be financially embarrassed.
- Applicants must be between ages of 18 and 30 years with exception to Doctors and Pharmacists who must not be more than 35 Years.
- Applicants’ height must not be less than 1.65m for male and 1.60m for female.
- Applicants chest measurement must not be less than 0.87 for men.
- Computer literacy will be of added advantage.
- Any certification or qualification not declared and accepted during documentation, shall not be accepted after the recruitment.
When is Nigeria Immigration Job Recruitment starting for 2023?
The NIS recruitment portal will officially open on Monday, January 16, 2023, so that qualified candidates will be able to register for the 2023/2024 job.
How To Apply For Immigration Recruitment 2023 On The Registration Portal
How to apply for immigration recruitment 2023 is easy; qualified applicants that are interested in the employment should click on the Apply Now button below to register for the NIS recruitment 2023 on the job website.
When is the closing date for NIS Recruitment 2023?
According to the NIS, the Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2023 application will end two weeks from January 12, 2023.
How To Apply For Immigration Recruitment 2023 And Get The Job
- You are expected to register for the NIS job on time so as to beat the deadline set by the agency.
- To get the job and have a successful career with the NIS, you should make sure your 11-digit NIN is correct.
- You must make sure that you submit only completed referee forms during the screening.
- You must make sure that the two referees you provide are people who really know you, because the Immigration Service can contact them to find out more about you, and if they can’t vouch for you, you have automatically lost the job.
- Make sure that your application on the recruitment portal is submitted only once. If you submit many applications, you will automatically lose the job.
- Carefully go through your application and check for errors before making the final submission.
- Get yourself prepared to write a computer-based test (CBT), because that is the test the agency will use to recruit successful candidates during the screening exercise.
- To get the employment, make sure that you have the original copy of every certificate you submit on the online portal, because you will be expected to bring them along during the screening exercise.
We believe that by now, you have learned how to apply for immigration recruitment 2023 and probably how to get the job successfully.
Keep checking our website for more updates. You can also use the below comment box to ask your questions, which will be answered immediately.
How else can I always receive updates from inform.ng?
You can sign up for our newsletter to always receive all our updates directly to your email; you can also follow our Twitter and Facebook pages; and you can also subscribe to our Telegram channel while also joining our WhatsApp group. Follow any of the below links.